Reasons why I’m excited for “Dear White People:”
- Black actors portraying 3-dimensional characters
- Honest social commentary
- Targeted to the college age demographic
- Thorough exploration of the various forms of racism in America
- Tessa Thompson’s voice and Tyler William’s afro wig
Reasons why I’m not excited for “Dear White People:”
- White people calling it racist
- Mainstream media agreeing with the white people calling it racist
It hurts so bad when you have to let go of white friends. Years later you wonder if you really had to let them go. Were you being uncompromising? Could you have been more patient? The answer, of course, is no. You had to let them go for your sanity, for your dignity, and because you deserve friends who will listen with an open heart to your very real pain and anguish. If they can’t do that, they were not your friends.
white people are like “why don’t you live in India” and I’m just thinking why don’t you live in 12.5% Germany 25% England 25% Australia 6.25% Sweden 18.75% Russia and 12.5% Italy??????
While I’m on the subject of black figures from history being bastardized, white people you need to back up off Bob Marley, too. He was pro-black, he protested white supremacy, and when he was alive, white people you didn’t care about him either. Now you wanna use him as the Saint of idiot Hippies and Potheads. Booooooo.